Monday, June 25, 2012

To water ski or not to water ski.....that is the question

I love skiing. 

Snow skiing, water skiing, they are both the same to me.

Problem is, I haven't done it in YEARS.   Literally.  The last time I skied anything was in 2000.  12 years ago.

We are leaving for the lake on Wednesday evening after the huge regulatory audit we are having tomorrow and Wednesday.  A friend of ours, who I introduced in a different post, owns a house at Hyco Lake.  We are going to stay there and commute to work the rest of the week, going back in the evenings and going out on the boat or just hanging out.

Now me, I'm just going to work Thursday for a half a day, taking a friend for a birthday pedicure and lunch, then I will have all day Friday to myself there until they get back from work.  They being the hubby, David, Randy and Jeff.

Michael and I were talking last night.  For some weird reason, he really, really wants me to try skiing again.  He's adamant about it, actually.  He thinks that I have lost enough weight to try again.  Actually, I haven't tried to water ski since I first did it in 1992, between my pregenancy with my son and daughter.  I think I did try sometime after Megan was born, but I was so unfit that I couldn't get up and just gave up after that summer.  I mostly just hang out on the boat and act as spotter when others are skiing.

Sigh.

So, that is my delema.

Maybe I'll try.

We'll see.

I leave you with what we had for Dinner Saturday night......awesome kabobs!



No comments:

Post a Comment