Thursday, May 31, 2012

Breakfast Boredom

Ok, so I have totally gotten bored with my breakfasts.

I did protien shakes for a while.  They are my go-to.  I usually have a banana a few hours after the shake.

Then I did flavored oatmeal.

I thought I was doing good with overnight oatmeal, but DANG!!!  I plugged the stats for it into myfitnesspal.com and it's over 600 calories!!  That's like 1/2 my total for the day.  WW Points + wise, it's not bad, but the calorie count is rediculous.

Sometimes I boil eggs. 

But I never skip breakfast.  I am always starving by the time I get up and going in the morning.  Depending on what we ate the night before.

Last night, I was rather indulgent.  I had a 6 inch turkey sub with mustard and a small greek salad.  Any time I eat a major amount of carbs, I am starving the next morning.

Not that a 6 inch sub roll is a massive amount, but it's more than I am used to.

I'm in a rut food-wise I think.

I have a dr appointment today.  I had my annual bloodwork done on Tuesday.  I think my blood pressure is dropping too low.  I'm on bp medication, but was off of it for a long time - due to my being slack and letting my prescription run out and just not wanting to deal with it.

When I first started my weight loss journey, my bp was in stroke zone.  154/110.  With medication, it took it down to around 132/86.  When I had my bloodwork done, they went ahead and checked it - I hadn't taken it in 5 days because I can't go out in the sun when I take it.  It was 124/90.  Diastolic number is still high, but I think it's dropping low.  I have dizzy spells, and times where my vision gets blurred.  I'm going to talk to Dr Hamrick about it today.  All my other numbers are perfect....just my blood pressure likes to be stupid.

Mikey is making a chicken salad that his room mate used to make while they were in school this past year.  I'm so excited about it!  I LOVE chicken salad - especially when it's made with rotisserie chicken.  Think I'm going to get some dinner rolls and have a side salad with it.  I have saltines at home, so don't need to pick those up.  Food Lion didn't have any black grapes, so had to get red grapes, so hope those are ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment