Monday, May 28, 2012

A Trip to Remember Part 1

Where to start? 

I'm not really sure.....this past week at the Outer Banks was just....amazing.

It was just me and Michael and Libby.

Did I miss the kids?  Sure.  But they have their own lives now.  Yes, it's still tough with Megan because she's still trying to figure it out, but Mikey is working this summer and wanting to hang with his friends.

We've been married just about 22 years.  This was the first REAL vacation we took by ourselves. 

And we had a GREAT time.

The place we stayed at was awesome.  We rented a suite at the Cape Pines Motel.  It was very nice....living/dining room, full kitchen, king bed and decent bathroom.  Daily maid service.  Very, very clean and they were pet friendly.  They had a small back yard where we could let Libby off leash to run and chase her ball.  Have you ever seen the movie Hudson Hawk?  You know the little foo foo dog named Bunny?  Well, all that runs through my head when we play ball with her is "Bunny, ball ball" lol.

Lots of early morning walks on the beach.

Lots of evening walks on the beach.

One climb up 257 steps of the Hatteras Lighthouse.

And some other sight seeing.

And I didn't hate the way I looked in a bathing suit!!! Still not completely satisfied, but getting there.  I can't wait to go back next year.

The food.....omg, what can I say about the food??

The first night we were there, we ate at Rusty's Surf and Turf.  It was REALLY excellent.  Every restraunt just about has a fresh fish of the day....whatever they pick up from the fish market that morning.

I had the mahi-mahi kabobs with pigeon peas, mango salsa, brown rice and veggies.  Michael had the fresh fried flounder, fries and slaw.  For dessert, we had turtle cheesecake.




Thursday night, we ate at the Sandbar Bar and Grille.  I had the grilled Wahoo and Michael had the prime rib, which was the size of a small roast.  I got a picture of the calamari appetizer, but was so hungry that I didn't get pics of dinner.

The view from the Sanbar was amazing.....looking out over the sound....


Perfect calamari!


The first night we were there, we fell asleep rediculously early.  We're talking 8pm.  It was a long drive down there and we had drinks with dinner and we were just wooped.

So, needless to say, we got up rediculously early the next morning.....4am :p.

But we did get some phenomenal sunrise pictures.....


I'm uploading all the pics to Photobucket and will link them in more posts tomorrow.....I just wanted to share that we are back and I will be back to posting (not that I have any followers...save 2...lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment