Tuesday, May 8, 2012

**Insert whitty blog title here**

Ever have a problem naming your blog post?  What would that be called....blog block?

Ugh.

Yesterday was one of **those** days.  I didn't want to be at work. I didn't want to go to the gym...I didn't want to cook dinner.  It was just a day.

My workout buddy was on vacation from last Thursday to today.  She got back today, think God and will be heading to the gym tonight with me for hip hop class.  Now, my walking buddy has been a constant....but walking for me isn't enough.  I have to go to the gym, or I don't feel like I have done anything. 

I soooooooooooooo didnt' want to go last night.  But I did.

I did the Week 3/Day 1 workout of the C25K program.  It looked like this:

5 minute warm up (3.0 mph)
90 second run (4.7 mph)
90 second walk (3.2 mph)
90 second run (4.5 mph)
90 second walk (3.0 mph)
3 minute run (4.7 mph)
3 minute walk (2.8 mph)
3 minute run (4.5 mph)
5 minute cool down (3.0 mph)

2 miles in 30 minutes.  Not too shabby....that's .2 further than I have been going.  I'm going for distance, not speed right now.  Yeah, I know a lot of people walk normally at 4.5 mph.  I can't - not yet.

Then, we did zumba.  I really love zumba.  It's better than regular aerobics.  I like the music, the moves, and the instructor is the best.  She is the one who does the hip hop class too.  The firs time I did the hip hop class, I about past out.  I didn't eat very much before the class and I guess that is what happened.  My heart rate monitor didn't show anything funky.  So that has to be what happened.

After zumba, I met Jody for our regular walk.  We do 1.9 miles.  I got her up to that from the 1.2 miles we were doing for months.  I didn't want to get home and cook that late.  Getting home at 8pm and cooking dinner is getting really, really old.  But I dont' want to give up either my gym or the walk with Jody.  I cook dinners....we only eat out typically 1 day a week and that is Thursday when I get my big either chef or Greek salad from the local Italian place. 

So, needless to say, last night by the time I got home, I DID NOT want to cook.  I got a large Greek salad and paired that with mini pitas and hummus.  It was really good.  Tonight will be cube steak and a salad. 

Hopefully I feel like cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment