Thursday, May 10, 2012

What's your support system?


So I talked yesterday about my "wall".  I had hit it.  I hate hitting it because I get so darn down about everything when I do.  I didn't want to go through that again....I thought I wouldn't, but I did.  I'm still not completely over it, I don't think, but I'm getting there.

Anyhow, I went to step class last night after doing my running intervals (I really, really didn't want to do either), and this is how the conversation went:

Jane: "Hey!  We missed you at class last night!"

Me:   "Yeah, I was having a bad day...I hit the "wall" I always hit when I get about 6 weeks in where I don't want to do this anymore."

Jane: "You know, I get that way too.  Last night at class, I wanted to stop in the middle of it, but I didn't.  I just kinda marched in place."

Nellie:  "I feel that way too sometimes"

Me:  "It's just so HARD to get passed it.  It's like saying "why bother.""

Jane:  "Just remember, the next time you feel that way, that we are right here feeling like we are going to die with you.  You can get passed it."

I never really thought about it before, but I NEED that kind of support.  I don't get it at home....not that my hubby doesn't support me, he does.  He just does it in his own way, which is sometimes not the best way.  Sometimes it's more insulting than encourageing. 

That conversation makes me very thankful that I started this 6 weeks ago.  The hard work I have put in IS worth it and everyone is starting to see a difference.  The 20 pounds gone has been worth it.  The changes in the way I feel and the fact that I can now run for 3 consecutive minutes has been worth it.  The muscles I see in my arms have been worth it. 

I AM WORTH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment