Monday, June 11, 2012

Salad with Shrimp and Ginger Dressing

Never thought I would post a recipe on here because my food pictures SUCK, but this turned out soooooooooooooo good that I just had to share.

I made this for dinner last night.  What I was really wanting was the Mandarin Chicken Salad that Wendy's used to make.  Alas.....they don't make them anymore :(.  Plus, I am always looking for ways to make things from restraunts at home.....cheaper, less sodium/fat/whatever that way, plus, I can make them whenever I want and not have to go anywhere.  When you have to drive over 20 miles to the nearest city, you get spiffy like that.

Like that new Arby's BLT.  Really?  Arbys?  BLT?  It's probably what.....7.00 for the combo??  I made my own BST (Bacon, spinach, tomato) at home for lunch yesterday with turkey bacon and it was probably as good as theirs.  And half the calories...theirs is 600 calories just for the sandwich.

Ok, anyway.....

Salad with Shrimp and Ginger Dressing

1c baby spinach
1 1/2 c romaine mix
1/2 tomato
1/2 cucumber
4 oz shrimp
1/2 c mandarin oranges
2tbsp almond slices
ginger salad dressing of your choice

I layered the salads on a plate - spinach, romaine, then tomato, cucumber, oranges, almonds.  Sauted the shrimp in 1tsp olive oil til done and added maybe 2tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce.  When the shrimp were done, I let them cool for just a few minutes before I put them on top of the salad.  This salad was for 1 person.


Nutritional info: 
Calories 362
Protien 30
Fat 17
Carbs 25
Fiber 7
Sodium 589



I did the same thing for lunch today, except I used a Yellowfin Tuna Burger that I got from Whole foods instead of the tuna.  I just dry fried it and flaked it and threw it in there. 


Went to Shoe Carnival and Mikey picked up some running shoes yesterday.  We probably should have started running last week...it's only 5 weeks to the Yellow Brick Road 5 Mile.  I'm never goning to be ready . I am such a sucky runner.  But, I'll do my best.  I just wish I could figure out why my flipping foot is hurting all the time.  I'm beginning to wonder if I have a stress fracture or something. 

Weather was great all weekend.  Saturday night, Michael and I ended up going to a friends house and hanging out on his deck and having a couple beers and pizza.  Yes, I went slightly over on my calories that night, but I  am not going to stress it too bad.  I've been well under every day this past week and don't want to run into where I was at doing straight weight watchers and not be eating enough.

Weight is down 3 pounds this week! 

Yay!

Have a great Monday all....


No comments:

Post a Comment