Saturday, June 9, 2012

I went to Whole Foods......

Yesterday, I decided that I would go to Whole Foods.  They just opened here in Greensboro about 2 months ago.  There has been a ton of hype about them, and I wanted to check them out, but heard they were outrageously expensive. 

I prefer The Fresh Market or Trader Joes (cost differences), but you know what, I was really pleasantly surprised.

I went at lunch time because I was out of everything at home.  Oatmeal, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, you name it, I DIDN'T have it for my lunch box.

So, I decided to go to lunch early (10:30) before the lunch crowd hit.

I got this:


Made a mixed green salad with spinach, romaine mix, chickpeas, tomato, onion, feta.  Got some pineapple and grapes.  Then they had this "Super Food" salad....that's what's in the upper right corner - kale, blueberries, pine nuts, tomato w/ oil and vinegar.  The soup was New England Fish Chowder. 

They had SO MUCH on their salad bars it was crazy.  It was like walking into a Golden Corral or something.

While I was there, I also got some ground buffalo (It's great if you have never had it...soooo much tastier than beef), blue cheese / bacon burgers, turkey/spinach/feta burgers, tuna burgers (see the trend here??), unsalted pistachios, 2lbs strawberries, container of blueberries.  All in all, I came out at about 70.00 and that really was not bad.  Especially because of the buffalo and the grass fed beef burgers.  I WILL be going back....it's going to be a weekly lunch thing, I think :).  Now, I don't think my wallet can stand spending that much there each week, but maybe once a month or so.  I DO have other stuff I need to buy each week and with all 4 of us home, that makes it tight.

Last night for dinner, I made Mini German Pancakes.  Please check out "Point-less Meals" recipe here.  They were fabulous!!  The kids and hubby loved them.  I made them with scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.


And finally, I'm at work today until about 3, but I ran to Dicks Sporting Goods to get some stuff.  The boy wanted some disk golf frisbees.  We needed more tennis balls.....have you ever tried to play tennis with only 5 of them???  It gets old having to chase them down all the time.  And a racket for my daughter.....hopefully she follows through and actually comes and plays with us.


Enough playing around......must finish boring regulatory stuff.......

No comments:

Post a Comment