Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My review of the R3 Program

The R3 Program is a program that my gym uses to track nutritional info and weight loss for customers.  It's not a requirement - and it does add 10.00/month to your membership fee, but I was so frustrated with Weight Watchers that I thought I would give it a try.

The program was started by Dr. Oz.  I know I have heard about him (I think from Oprah?) but I have never really read anything by him.

The website is here - this is where anyone can sign up:
http://www.dotfit.com/

The other website where the logging is done at is:
http://www.sharecare.com/


So on the 1st, I met with Melissa, who is my Nutrition Coach.  She can look at my info in the R3 program at any time and see how I am doing (or not doing, whatever the case may be) and we can tweak it if I'm not eating enough, losing too fast/slow, whatever.

I really like it so far!  It has me eating 1800 calories a day.  On Weight Watchers, I was eating within my points, but I apparently was not eating enough.  I was only eating between 1300 and 1500 calories a day.  This was putting my body in starvation mode and I kept fighthing the same 4 pounds for about 2 months.  I knew I should be going down in weight, but the scale wasn't budging.


This picture shows the main screen.  It's where I see how many calories I'm supposed to eat, how many I should burn, and what my current weight is.  I actually have 280 from my run this morning I need to plug in there.  Typical daily burn for me is about 800 calories from exercise and the rest is from lifestyle.

This shot shows my weight...the black line is where I should be according to the program.  The little dots are my weekly weigh ins.  The filled area is just showing complete.  By September 18, I should be under 200lbs.  By March 8th of 2013, I should be at my goal weight.

This page shows all my workouts and the notes from them.

And this one shows my food diary.

There are TONS of other things on here I haven't really played with yet.  Menu creator, workout creator, there's a store that has all this nutritional food crap ( I stay away from processed stuff, so probably won't be using it unless I want to try their protein powder).

I really do like it - and I can cancel at any time, not like my gym membership ,where I am under contract.  This is like a supplement to it.

They do offer a free 30-day trial.

So if you are looking for a really good tracker, even though I know there are free ones out there, I would highly recommend this one.



2 comments:

  1. Wishing you success :) I know many people have said that WW points isn't enough actual food. So glad you've found something else to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I had done WW before and had no issues...since the latest change with their points system, though, its not been very good. Plus, WW is geared, in my opinion, more toward people who don't work out that much.

    ReplyDelete