Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wisdom from a cookie


So I went to the Chinese buffet for lunch today because I wanted sushi.

I had the sushi....and a few other things.....for a whopping 950 calories total.....and then I got my fortune cookie.  I usually don't read these things.  There was actually one time when a friend of mine and I had the EXACT SAME fortune when we opened our cookies.  But, this time, as I drove back to work, I ate said cookie and read the fortune.

What it says is rather ironic.

With all the working out that I am doing, I'm very determined to make it to my goal this time.

We have a huge regulatory audit next Tuesday and Wednesday....I'm determined we are going to pass.

I'm determined to finish all my Christmas sewing projects in October this year.

I'm determined that Michael and I are going to take at least 2 vacations by ourselves every year.....we never got to travel over the past 20 years because we had kids at home.  Now they are in college and we need "us" time.

I just found it rather ironic that my cookie told me what I basically already know.

Just like I'm determined that even though I ate a crap ton of calories for lunch, I am still doing Power, Core and Belly Dance tonight......I'll be at the gym from 5:30 to 8:15.

And I'll burn all those calories, I am sure.

Somtimes you have to eat a little more than you need to realize that you actually didn't need that extra spring roll or that extra spoon of coconut shrimp.

Blah.

Lol.

Smart cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment