Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I fought CookOut .... and WON!

Yesterday I had a REALLY bad craving for CookOut.  If you have ever been to one, you know what I am talking about.  They have over 30 kinds of shakes....the BEST burgers and awesome seasoned fries.  And it always smells WONDERFUL when we drive by.

Working in the flavor industry, I always compare smells to the products we work with.....CookOut always smells like charsol to me...which is a grilled flavoring they use in Burger King (anyone who tellls you they don't artificially flavor their meat is on crack....), vegetarian meat substitute, and a few other things.  I love the smell.  Yes, it does smell kinda sorta like a grill.  But not really. 

I had to take Megan to GTCC for her visit with one of the school counselors yesterday, and we passed CookOut.  At the time, my stomach was eating itself, because it was well past my 4pm snack time (about an hour before I typically go to the gym), and well, being a bit stressed about Megan's school and what I needed to catch up on at work, and on and on, I REALLY wanted CookOut.

But then, I weighed the pros and cons.....

Did I really want to splurge like that, when I had been doing so well??  I mean, on Saturday, Outback screwed up my carry out order by giving me the Alice Springs Chicken Sandwich (chicken, sauce, cheese, bacon) instead of the plain grilled chicken sandwich and steamed brocoli that I ordered, and by golly I pulled off the cheese and bacon before I ate it!

Did I want just a shake and fries that I would have to count as my dinner because of all the calories, when I could go home and have 2 eggs, 5 slices of turkey bacon, one sausage link and 2 slices of toast???  Come on now....what's more food/better calories??

So, instead, I drove right by CookOut and brought Meg back to her car at my work and ate my celery sticks and my granola thin.

And I never felt so empowered as I did last night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment