Monday, April 30, 2012

New name, new week :)

I really hate when my browser flips out and deletes everything.  I had this HUGE post typed and something happened and POOF everything is gone!

So, let's try this again....

I decided to change the name of my blog to Running Stitches because I want to combine my seweing blog and my fitness/exercise blog.  It just makes more sense to me to do that, since I can't sem to keep up with both of them.  Not only do I really enjoy working out and fitness, but I also enjoy cross-stitch/crochet/knitting.  These things keep my hands busy when I think that I am hungry, but no :p.

Some of my most recent creations:






I do these mostly for Christmas and Birthday presents.  I love doing thigs like this because it has SO much more meaning than something bought from a store or a gift card.  Plus, it's relaxing to me.

Another favorite thing of mine to do is run/walk in 5k's.  I like collecting the shirts, lol.  Plus, I want to eventually RUN in one.  I've recently re-started the couch to 5K program.  I did this last year and was doing really well, until I had 2 bouts with pneumonia earlier this year.  That really set me back. 


Shirt for the Greensboro Gobbler last Thanksgiving

My placing at the Run to Victory last September 269 overall and 18th in my age group!

My runners number from the Women's Only 5k


Not-so-flattering picture at the Run to Victory

After a 5k Benefit for a lady that survived breast cancer, hence the pink

Lastly, here are some comparison shots from last year....these are from last July to September...this is when I first got heavy into fitness and lifting and working with a personal trainer.  I was doing REALLY well, then life got in the way.  5 weeks ago, I seriously got back on track and am back to losing again.  I've lost 17 pounds so far and am doing weight watchers again and LOVING it!





These were taken in the mirror at work.  You can see a *little* difference, but not a lot.  I wasn't happy with the diet I was doing (just counting calories) because it didn't seem to be working.  I could never  get that "happy balance" and I always either ate too much or not enough.  I am seeing a HUGE difference with being back on Weight Watchers.  Yes, my calories vary every day, but at least I have a set range where I still lose.  I know with my body, as long as I stay within my daily points and only go into about 5-10 of my weekly points, I still lose.  Any thing over that and I stall. 

Plus, now I have an AMAZING support system here at work with my workout buddies!!!!

Ok, I think that's enough for one day....until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment