Thursday, May 3, 2012

PSA....Running makes your butt hurt :p

I did intervals for an hour on the treadm ill yesterday for an hour.  I just started the 2nd week of the C25K program.  I've done 5k's before, but I had gotten out of doing it due to 2 bouts of pneumonia in the winter.  I had never FULLY run one, just walked/jogged/stumbled/wheezed thought it. 

I had it set to random/around the world at 3% dificulty max, which had a max incline of 3.5.  Well, the C25K program has intervals like this in the 2nd week -

5 min warm up
90 seconds run
2 min walk
90 seconds run
2 min walk
.......repeat 4 more times
5 min cool down

All I can say is owie!  I need to do intervals on an incline more often! :p

Last night was supposed to be step class night, but since Nellie wasn't going , I did 1 hour on the treadmill, 35 min weights, then went and met my friend Jody for our 45 min walk.

What's on your plate today?  This is what's in my lunch bag:

1c strawberries, 1 jullienned apple and 1 kiwi

1c diced chicken over romaine salad and 1/2 avocado...tomato basil vinegrette on the side

The rest of my day's stash....banana, 100 cal almonds, 100 cal kettle corn, Lentil soup (1 box is to keep here in case I forget lunch one day.


Today is supposed to be my heavy day at the gym.  Thursday's are typically 2 in a row class days.  But, they changed the schedule for May.  Now, Power (weight lifting) is at 5:30 :(  Boohiss!!!  That means, I have to do something until my belly dance class at 7:40.  Soooooooooo, they added a Core class in between.  So, I guess I will try that.  That may help me with my running.  Megan is going back to GTCC this afternoon, though, so I may not get to Power....as long as I don't miss belly dance, I don't care :p


Now, as far at this weekend...I am doing a Zumbathon on Saturday.  I LOVE Zumba and this is for a good cause :)

So, if you're in the Peidmont region of NC and need something to do, come on out!!  I guarantee you'll get hooked on Zumba too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment