Friday, June 8, 2012

So, when you skip weight lifting for 3 weeks

and you go back again

Guess what?!?!?!

You get sore as crap!!!!!!

OMG....I so did not want to get up this morning.  My chest, my shoulders.....I'm starting to feel it in my tricepts.....ugh!

I'm going to have to go to the Power class on Saturday morning just so I can stretch and work those muscles again.

The plan was this week to do the Power class Tuesday night, but they had a special 2-hour Cardio Tease thing going on instead and I didn't want to go to that.  So, I tried to use the machines while waiting for belly dance to start....It's about impossible to get to any machines, or even most of the free weights between 5 and 8pm.  It used to not be so bad, but now, it's nuts.

Sometimes I wich the gym in my town wasn't so ghetto.  It's full of teenage testosterone and you can't really work out becuase they have so little.

Which means, I belong to a huge chain gym in Greensboro where I work.

Don't get me wrong....I LOVE it....the trainers (well, some of them) are awesome, the classes rock (especially Zumba and Power), and it's just a great atmosphere.

It's just super busy between 5 and 8 :( .

Which is why I started doing the classes.  I got tired of the elliptical and treamill and machines and needed something different.

I don't think they give enought recognition to the group leaders.  They are always bragging on the individual trainers, but never say anything about them.  Granted, most of them are trainers too, but when you are like me and are poor (wait....we're not poor, just frugal....there is a difference), you go the "free" route and do classes.  Plus the atmosphere in the classes - you get to know the people that go week after week and you cheer each other on.  It's a huge lift when others start noticing your weight loss and say something!!!

Like last night....Adrianna (belly dance and core instructor) told me she could tell I have lost since we started.  That made me feel so good - because everyone else sees me every day and they don't see much movement until I've lost a lot more.

12 weeks and counting .... let's keep em coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment