Monday, April 16, 2012

New Day, new Blog Beginning

So my feeble attempt at blogging this past January has fallen by the wayside.  I have decided to start with a clean slate - hence the new look to the blog!

Since March 20th, I have been back on Weight Watchers, and I am doing VERY well.  I have lost 14.2 pounds so far.  I will update my weigh in page this evening.  Sadly, we only get 60 minutes of internet time at work each day, and I used that at lunch time. 

This will be my 3rd week sticking with workouts!!  My schedule is as follows:

Monday - Zumba
Tuesday - Hip Hop
Wednesday - Step
Thursday - back-to-back classes - Weight Lifting and then Belly Dance
Friday - rest day or light walk
Saturday - Weight Lifting
Sunday - walk in neighborhood - anywhere from 3-5 miles

I am so very glad I decided to go back to weight watchers.  I stay on plan better, I feel a lot better, and I know I am getting enough calories, where I wasn't getting enough trying to do it on my own, and not losing because I wasn't eating enough.  Granted, I may have to tweak WW down the road as my daily Points allowance goes down, but not nearly as much as if I was counting calories.

Am I going to be able to keep up this pace forever?  No - I shouldn't have to.  Do I beat myself up if I miss one or 2 during the week?  Nope, because I know that I am doing enough on the other days to more than make up for it.

I do all of my workouts with a  Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor.  Why?  Because I have high blood pressure and I have to keep an eye on my pressure during the classes - especially the high impact ones like Zumba, Hip Hop and Step.  I love the Belly Dance after Weight Lifting.  It helps stretch me out and relaxes me at the same time.

1 comment: